Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Bible Cover


Materials for the project


     A client had asked me to duplicate a cover for her bible that had a zippered closing and handle.  I did that for her.  Now she wanted a similar cover for her smaller bible.  Unfortunately is it so thin that it was not possible to have a zipper all around.

Front with button flap closure


     We opted instead to go with a flap that buttoned on the front and a zippered pocket on the back.  She chose this Sunbrella fabric from my stash.  I drafted a pattern for the cover and then stitched in together.

Back with zippered pocket


     I found a zipper and button in my stash that matched and added a lop of elastic cord for the closure.  The cover fits like a glove and should protect her bible for years to come.


No comments:

Post a Comment