Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Easter Dress

Easter dress


     My daughter asked if I could make an Easter dress for her daughter.  Of course I said yes.  She went shopping but was disappointed that she couldn't find any eyelet fabric.  No problem, I had some in my stash.

Dress pattern


     We made some changes to the dress.  We used the white fabric she bought as lining and did both the bodice and sleeves in the eyelet with lining.  On the skirt part I made a separate piece for the center front pleat.  I layered the eyelet over the purple print fabric and then put it back together.  The dress was constructed as per the directions.  I found some green ribbon in my stash for the bow.

Doll dress


     Of course since she has a Cabbage Patch doll, grandma had to make a matching dress for the doll. I found some eyelet trim in my stash and I was all set.  The patterns I have for the doll clothes are from when my children had the dolls and played with them.

Doll dress pattern


     I wanted to get a picture of my granddaughter and her doll but being a stubborn 2 year old, it was not to be.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful - glad she got what she wanted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure it is what she wanted but definitely what mommy wanted

      Delete