Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Big Life Decision



      The past few years my husband and I have been very fortunate to be able to train and race.  We have been part of Team USA that went to Australia to compete in the World Duathlon competition in 2015.

     This year we have both been working through injuries that have limited our ability to train.  We both turned 60 last year and now have three grandchildren.  We are active and enjoy being able to run around with the kids.  In looking at what we are spending both in money and time to train for these big races I had a long discussion with myself and with him.  After much soul searching and praying I have come to the conclusion that I am going to pull back from the racing.  I am not going to go to Bend, Oregon this summer to compete at the national level and I am still thinking about whether or not I go to Canada for the World competition in August.

     The big consequence of not doing Nationals this year it that we won't be able to do Worlds in Sweden in 2018.  I would like to travel there but I know I can still go there without a race in mind as my children have reminded me of several times.

    This has been a hard decision for me because I enjoy the benefits from working out but I was feeling too much stress about all of it.  It is time to enjoy my family and have fun adventures.  I look forward to taking active vacations with my husband and visiting exciting places.

3 comments:

  1. Race or no race, you are still an inspiration Celeste! Just to be as active as you are, at any age, is a huge accomplishment whether it "counts" or not:-) Hug those sweet grand babies. I'm sure I don't have to tell you that it all goes by way too fast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Penny, thanks for the positive vibes. I had a ton of fun with the grand babies on Mother's Day and can't wait to be with them all again.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete