Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Outdoor Dining


     Finally nice weather has come to the Chicago area.  Over ten years ago we had a paver patio done in our backyard.  We bought a wrought iron set of tables and chairs at that time.  They have been fine, but not super comfortable.

Seating for the fire pit


      I decided we needed cushions for the chairs plus some pillows.  For the two non-swivel chairs I made the cushions with the orange fabric as the main fabric and the stripes on the sides and backs of the cushions.  A couple of yellow pillows make these more comfortable to sit and enjoy a fire on a cool evening.

Comfy seating to enjoy the nice weather


     For the swivel chairs at the table I reversed the fabrics and did the stripe on the main part with the solid on the sides and backs.  I like making the cushions slightly different to add some interest to the area.  Eventually there will be pillows on some of these chairs also.

Monogrammed appliqué placemats

     For the table top I made placemats out of the same fabric as the pillows.  I monogrammed them with an appliqué using the cushion fabric to tie it all together.  I did a total of eight with four solid and four striped.  For the binding I chose a cotton fabric, not the Sunbrella, because it has a better stretch on the bias to go around the curves.  Next up will be some matching napkins.  

     When we had the family over for a meal, everyone really enjoyed the new comfier seating.

No comments:

Post a Comment