Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Jungle Four Plus One Quilt

Finished quilt


      This is the last quilt I made for our family vacation.  This one is for our youngest grandson.  I bought a couple of collections of five one yard pieces of coordinating flannels.  When I bought them, they came with some directions for different quilts.  I chose the Four plus One pattern.

Block and border in more detail


     I was debating between the chevron or argyle pattern for the four patch block.  I'm not sure that I like how the border turned out with the colors switching so abruptly where the pieces were joined, maybe to argyle would have been a better choice.

Appliqué block, cute tiger


     Then it was choice between the orange or the green for the other large block.  I knew that the jungle print was one large block as it was my focal fabric.  I decided to use the green as it seemed to 'match' the jungle print and thus provided a flow with those blocks.

Label 1


     After putting it together, those green blocks looked lonely.  I used a couple of design sets from Designs by JuJu.  The appliqués were fun to work with.  I used scraps from my stash and also a couple from his cousin's quilt.

Label 2


      I then had it quilted with a fun jungle animals design.  Can you spot the lion, elephant and giraffe in the picture below?  I added two labels with all the info and did a binding from leftover fabric from the quilt.  

Quilting detail. Fnd the lion, giraffe and elephant


     His mom says he loves his quilt and seems to find something new each time he plays on it.


No comments:

Post a Comment