Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Purse Remake

Original purse


     I had a client that had a cloth purse she loved but it was getting a bit worn.  Also it was just a touch too small to fit her new phone.  She brought it to me so I could make a new one, slightly larger.

Zipper application


     As I deconstructed the purse, I took a lot of photos with my phone.  I also took notes as I was taking it apart and also remaking it.  Above is a photo showing how the zipper was attached to the lining as I was remaking it.

New purse inside


     The client chose some fabric from my scraps and she wanted to reuse the zippers and strap with its hardware.  This definitely saved some money and time trying to find the right items.

Finished purse


     The project took longer than I thought with all of the careful deconstructing, pattern making and note taking that had to be done.  The pocket on the front of the purse was a challenge as I had never done one like that before and I didn't find any instructions for something similar in all my purse patterns.

     This project certainly stretched my brain.  I also found out I would much rather start with a pattern and do some alterations than try to copy a ready made object.

No comments:

Post a Comment