Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Embroidered Jeans

Finished embroidery
     I am doing a fall style challenge with GYPO.  One of the items on the list was embroidered jeans. I really didn't need more jeans so I decided to do my own.

 
Blouses
     Two of the tops that were going to be worn with the jeans were a solid burgundy one and a print top.  The burgundy one I already had in my closet but I bought a new print blouse.  I had a brown and orangey print one but it didn't really go well with denim or grey so I got a new one.  

Thread choices
     Since I was knew what I was going to wear with the jeans, I chose colors for the embroidery based  on these two tops.  I also have other tops in similar colors so I knew the jeans could have lots of options for wearing.

Embroidering on the deconstructed jeans
    I chose a couple of designs from Momo-Dini.  I liked the openness of the designs and only a few colors.  I did have to take apart the jeans at the inseam.  I split them from about six inches above the hem on both sides so I wouldn't have to redo the hems.  I hooped sticky paper and then placed the jeans on it.  I added a couple of pins to help hold the fabric.

All finished and put back together

     After I finished the embroidery, I stitched the jeans back together.  This wasn't hard as they did not have a flat fell seam.  
Embroidered jeans and print blouse #GYPO

     Here I am, wearing my new embroidered jeans and my new print blouse.  I do like how they turned out.

4 comments: