Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Dress Appliques

Rabbit Skin blank dress with appliquéd puppy


     When I was cleaning up some things, I came across these blank t-shirt dresses that I had bought when I was doing craft shows.  Since I no longer do craft shows I was going to just donate these dresses.  I realized though that they would fit my granddaughter.

Pretty floral puppy

     She loves puppies, so I chose to embroider a couple of puppies and one monkey, just because the monkey was so cute.  These designs are from Designs by JuJu.  I have used her appliqué designs many times, the last time being in this quilt I made for my youngest grandson.

Spotted puppy dog

     I had a lot of fun picking fabrics from my stash of scraps I keep.  For the lilac dress I chose fabrics that coordinated.  The polka dot fabric worked well with the spots on the second puppy.

Swinging monkey

     For the monkey, I found a brown fabric with flowers and then pulled that pink for the bow.  These kinds of projects are always a lot of fun.

2 comments:

  1. The dress is so cute with this applique!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Claire. It is so easy to dress up a plain top or dress with appliqué.

      Delete