Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Thanksgiving Meal 2017

Place settings at the main table


     We celebrated Thanksgiving with the family this past Sunday.  I don't care for turkey, so I made a couple of pork roasts instead.

Brown sugar and garlic pork loin

     For side dishes, I had butternut squash and sweet potatoes from our garden.  I found recipes on Pinterest to make lighter, more healthy dishes instead of lots of sugar.  Both turned out yummy.

Garlic herb butternut squash

Cinnamon roasted sweet potatoes

     For an appetizer, I made a turkey cheeseball.  I should say, I made the cheeseball and my daughter-in-law Kate made it into a turkey.  I think ours turned out really close.

Turkey cheeseball

My version of the turkey cheeseball


     I had lots of help from my husband, son and daughter-in-law Emily, the night before and that morning, getting everything together.  Family also supplied some Polish sausage, a pumpkin carrot can, sweet potato pie, turkey cookies and wine.  I believe everyone enjoyed the food and company.  I am so blessed to have such a wonderful family.

Place setting

     I also embroidered napkins using a design from Embroidery Library.  I will write more about that process next week.


Happy Thanksgiving

2 comments:

  1. Splendid and very beautiful table!I adore those cheeseball turkeys :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks claire, My daughter-in-law did a great job with it.

    ReplyDelete