Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Aqua and Peach Summer Top

New summer top

     I am thinking ahead to summer as the cold and snow keep coming here.  I bought this fabric while at an ASG conference.  I was planning on making a swing tank top with it to go with some peach shorts and some aqua shorts that I have.

Fabric with snips in the selvedge

     I washed and dried the fabric and then when I was laying it out on the table I found I had to cut small snips in the selvedge edges to get it to lay flat.

Pattern used

     In looking through my patterns, I didn't have enough yardage to make a swing top.  I chose this pattern from McCall's because I liked the different hemline on it.  I made version D (in the picture) but with short sleeves.

Bias stay tape

     The cutting takes a little more time because the front is two different pieces so they need to be cut separately.  I used this fusible bias stay tape to control the shoulder seam.  A fairly quick and fun project to brighten my winter days.

No comments:

Post a Comment