Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Easter Sewing 2018



Grandbabies at Easter

     For Easter, my daughter asked if I would make a dress for my granddaughter.  Of course I said yes.  While at the store shopping for fabric, my grandson decided he wanted something also for Easter and picked out some blue (his favorite color) with eggs fabric.  My granddaughter chose this pretty pastel striped fabric.

Pattern used for the dress

     For her dress I used the same pattern I had used for the flower girl dress in September but this time I made a size 3 instead of the 2+ I made last time.  My daughter chose view A.  I pulled some purple shimmery cotton from my stash to make a contrast band but no bow.

Dress for Miss M

     We chose to use the stripe vertically on the skirt and sleeves and horizontally on the bodice.  For finishing the lining on the zipper edges, I used a technique that one of my students had in a pattern she was doing.  After sewing in the zipper, you then place right sides together and sew the cut edges to the zipper tape.  Now the only hand sewing I had to do was attaching the lining at the waist.

Pattern used for the shirt

     For my grandson's shirt, I found this pattern in my stash.  I believe I bought it to make something for my youngest son who is now 37.  I made the short sleeve version but there still wasn't quite enough fabric to do the regular shirt tail hem.  I just cut it straight across, more like a Hawaiian shirt which I thought was just fine anyway since I knew it would never stay tucked in.

Easter shirt for Mr C

     I added the lime green buttons he chose and he had a fun shirt to wear for Easter.  I did the final hand sewing on both things in the car on our way to Iowa.  The whole family went there to witness our son/their brother get baptized.  We then celebrated Easter with his in-laws.  What a fun day.

No comments:

Post a Comment