Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Elephant Lovey

Finished elephant lovey

     A client wanted to personalize a lovey blanket she was giving as a shower gift.  The baby's name was already decided on so obviously this was possible ;-)

Ready to start stitching

     There are a couple of challenges when doing these blankets.  One, there are two layers so they tend to shift.  The other challenge is that they are too small to hoop.  This blanket presented another challenge, the striped fabric.  The letters would need to line up with the lines.

Making sure the lines are straight with the stripes

     I added a basting stitch to the name file in my software.  That allowed me to baste the layers together to prevent shifting but it also allowed me to make sure things were lined up properly.  If I found that after I did the basting outline that things were not straight I could easily remove the basting stitches and reposition the lovey on the sticky paper.

Providing support

     You also need to support the blanket as you stitch because it could pull off the sticky stabilizer.  The client chose the Teddy Bear font and a navy thread for the name.  Such a cute and personal gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment