Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 2, 2018

After School Sewing 2017-2018




Ambar
Isy
Emma

Aly

     I had several new girls join me in my after-school sewing this year.  A couple only stayed for four sessions and the others stayed for the year.

Loren

Veronica

Makayla

Hailey


      I have two sets of sisters that are friends and have been coming for a while.  They are in book two of the KCS program and are working on projects from the book and also commercial patterns including doll clothes.
Isy

Norah

Reese

Reese



      As the girls are starting on commercial patterns, they are learning about altering patterns.  Several of the girls are tall and thin so we have been adding length to their patterns.  They are so happy when done that the items fit so well.

Grace

Aviva

Grace

Grace

Ellie

      The girls are also getting  the "I can't believe you made that" remarks when they tell people, especially friends, that they have made something they are wearing.  What fun!

Sienna

Sienna

Morgan

     I also have a set of sisters that come for private lessons.  I am teaching them all different kinds of things, including bound buttonholes.  Keeps me on my toes.


     The girls are even drafting some of their own patterns, like this adorable coat for their dog.  Soon these classes will be done for the year and summer camps will start.


2 comments:

  1. My grand daughter looks forward to after school sewing each week. I am so happy to have found Miss Celeste and this program!

    ReplyDelete