Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 15, 2018

More Summer Dining

Cushions and placemats


     For this summer's dining I am adding to the pieces I have already made.  I used some yellow and orange fabric that I had in my stash to make 8 napkins.

Napkins

     I had two yards of fabric so I was able to cut eight 18" x18" squares to make the napkins.  I bought some orange Wooly Nylon thread and did a rolled hem around all four edges with my serger.

Rolled edge on napkins

          I really like my Babylock eight thread serger, it makes it so easy to do a rolled hem.  I then used the rest of the striped fabric from binding the edges of the placemats, and made a square tablecloth for a different small round table that I have.

Tablecloth and napkins

     Again I just did a rolled hem with the Wooly Nylon thread for a neat edge.

Tablecloth edge

     Hopefully we will soon have a warm enough day to enjoy a family meal out on the patio.

Placemats

No comments:

Post a Comment