Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Baby Shower Presents

Jungle animal bibs for baby


     A friend's daughter is expecting her first child in September.  This past Saturday I went to her baby shower.  I like to make something for the little one besides getting something from their registry.

Lion bib 
     I ordered the bath set and some wipes from the list and then added some bibs and a blanket.  The bibs are ones I bought on-line, made from towels so they are nice and absorbent.  They don't know the gender, so I just went with bright colorful bibs with fun appliqué designs from Designs by Juju.  I chose fabrics from my stash of small pieces and repeated them in each bib to make it more of a matching set.
Large, soft receiving blanket
     I then made a receiving blanket, using two 1-1/4 yard pieces of flannel.  I prewash in hot water to shrink it and make it soft.  When she opened it up, her sister-in-law exclaimed, That is the best blanket ever.  I had made some for her two children and they still use them several years later.

No comments:

Post a Comment