Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Redoing a Pillow


Old dirty limp pillow

     My daughter has a chair and a half that she has used a lot, reading to her children, napping and just general use.  The pillow for the chair had gotten very beat up and pretty dirty.

     I found on Pinterest a link to a blog showing how to clean antique linens.  Even though this wasn't an antique, I used the idea to clean the cover.  I removed the stitches at the bottom of the cover and threw out the old pillow form.

     I then mixed the Biz and Oxy-Clean and added the hot water.  It did spill over onto the floor so I just placed an old bathmat under the bucket.  I placed the pillow cover in the bucket and soaked it for two days.  That water was gross.  I throughly rinsed it and washed it a couple of times with just vinegar.

     After it was all clean and dry, I got a new pillow form and put it inside.  I did use the sewing machine to quickly close up the bottom, not easy with the plump form inside.  She now has a new, clean, plump pillow for her chair and a half.  She just needs to get the chair cleaned.

Clean plump pillow

No comments:

Post a Comment