Search This Blog

Friday, August 17, 2018

Sammy's Quilt


Finished Pathways quilt


     All baby's that are born into our family get a quilt after birth.  I try to have a boy quilt and a girl quilt always ready to go.  This quilt is more gender neutral but I fell in love with the cute baby print and just had to make a baby quilt with it.

Block detail

     Our newest grandson is the recipient of this quilt.  After he was born, I just had to embroider the label with his info, sew it in place, and finish the binding.  I was able to give it to him when we visited him shortly after they came home from the hospital.

Label 1 with piecer and quilter listed

     The pattern I used was Pathways, A Three Yard Quilt.  I usually have two labels on my quilts, one with the piecer and quilter listed.  The other has different info such as the name of the quilt or the recipient and occasion.

Label 2 with baby info

     I like that these quilts are big enough to keep them covered until they are at least 6 or 7 years old.

Quilting detail

     It is fun choosing the fabrics and then the quilting design to compliment the quilt.  Thanks to my machine quilters that make that last part possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment