Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Redo of House Front Part 2



     As part of the redo of the front of the house, we (meaning my husband) refinished this swing.  We bought it several years ago from a vendor at the Wisconsin State Fair.  It was supposed to come with a cover but they never shipped it and after many phone calls we just gave up.

     As a result, the finish on the wood split and it was starting to discolor.  Our painter, Scott Franzen, sold my husband all the materials he would need to refinish it.  My husband untied the ropes and took the frame apart.  Then he spent many days sanding it down to get a smoother surface.

     He rigged up a system in the garage so he could then stain and then varnish the pieces.  This took a while since there was a long drying time between coats.  We washed the cushion and he then reassembled the swing.  It looks like new now.

     I bought a couple of pillows from Target to made it even more comfy.  It bought them instead of making them since they went so well with the rug we got from Target also.  It makes a great place to read or take a quick snooze.

     I bought some fabric to make a cover for the swing to protect it from the elements during the winter.  I just need to figure out how I am going to do it.


No comments:

Post a Comment