Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Redo of House Front Part 7

Lumbar pillow with pleated center

     This is the last of the projects that I have done for the front of our house.  Last week I showed the headrest pillows I made.  From the other two pillow forms that I bought from Amazon, I made some lumbar pillows.  Because I felt like the other covers were too loose, I cut these an inch smaller than the pillow size.

Pleating the fabric

     I am now working with basically leftover pieces.  For the pillow on my rocker, I pleated a strip of pieces for the center.  I had to be careful where the seams fell while pleating.  I love my Quick Pleater, it made it so easy to get nice even pleats.

     I added a small flange to either side and then sewed on the end pieces, making sure I was matching up the stripes.  Then some covered cord around the edge, A back piece and I was ready to stuff in the form and sew it closed.

Lumbar pillow with varied stripes

     For my husband's rocker, I chose to play with the stripes going vertical on one end, angled in the middle and horizontal on the other end with strips of the solid in between.  Again some covered cord and a back and we are all set.

Sit and enjoy

     A cozy place to spend enjoying a good book or a bottle of wine.  Next on my wishlist for the front of the house is some new hardware for the door and a new light fixture.

No comments:

Post a Comment