Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Halloween T-shirts

Hooped through the arms


     My daughter asked if I could embroider a couple of t-shirts for the kids to wear on Halloween.  My grandson's costume, a traffic light, was not very conducive to wearing during the school day.  He wanted a skeleton on his.  I didn't have any I liked in my stash of designs, so off to Embroidery Library.  I found a cute one there.
Dancing skeleton

     To hoop his shirt, I put the arms of the embroidery hoop through the arms of the t-shirt and then made sure the bobbin arm went through the neck opening.  Some iron-on mesh stabilizer on the shirt and a piece of tear-away floated under the shirt provided all the support needed.

Hooped through the neck and bottom

     My granddaughter didn't want a costume, just a shirt with a Jack-o-lantern on it.  She had seen one that had eyelashes and a heart shaped nose.  Again nothing in my stash of designs.  I found this build a Jack-o-lantern at Embroidery Library.   I just used iron-on mesh stabilizer on her shirt because the fabric appliqué helped to support the stitches.

Ladylike Jack-o-lantern


    I built the Jack-o-lantern in my software, choosing the eyes with eyelashes and a pretty lips mouth. Because her design was taller, I hooped her shirt with the arms of the embroidery hoop through the neck and bottom of the shirt.  Then the bobbin arm went through a sleeve.

Two cuties on Halloween


     They both liked their shirts.  My grandson liked to pose like the dancing skeleton and my granddaughter really liked the fancy eyes and lips on her Jack-o-lantern.

No comments:

Post a Comment