Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Sammy Stocking 1



Stocking to hang at grandma and grandpa's house

     A new grandchild means a couple of new Christmas stockings.  I make/decorate one for our house and then make one for their house.

'Ready to decorate' stocking from Target

     Today I will show you the one for our house.  I bought this blank stocking at Target, said it was ready to decorate.

Cuff all embroidered

     First I removed the cuff and opened it up.  I stitched on his name, using a printed template of the design to make sure I had it above the line.

Doing the embroidery

     Then I had to further deconstruct the stocking to add an embroidery design from Embroidery Library.  I chose a cute gingerbread man because I had bought him some Oh Snap pajamas from Old Navy.

Putting it back together

     After finishing the embroidery, I serged the sides back together and then turned it right side out and redid the top-stitching around the edge.  I reattached the cuff after putting it back together.

Detail of embroidery

     Next week I will show you the one I made for hanging at his house.

No comments:

Post a Comment