Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Baby Shower Presents

Original fabric choices

     A friend is expecting her first baby, a little boy, next month.  A neighbor threw a shower for her and this is what I made.

Sleep sack, hat and final fabric choice

     I looked at her registry and saw the color that she chose for the nursery was mostly grey.  I wanted to embroider some items for her.  From my stash of ready to embroidery baby items, I chose a sleep sack in blue and one in white.  I also chose matching hats and a soft white blanket with satin binding.

Bunny applique

     I was going to do an appliqué baby animal in four different colors on each of the four corners of the white blanket.  After doing the first in the turquoise blue that matched the sleep sack, I opted to do all four in the same color way.  I really liked how it turned out.

Giraffe applique 

     I was planning on embroidering something onto the sleep sack and hats also.  The sleep sacks were lightweight and I didn't feel like they would hold an embroidery design too well.  Also the appliqué design I used on the blanket would have overwhelmed the little sleep sack.

Little lamb applique

    I had gotten these designs from Embroidery Library to make something for one of my grandkids and I really liked how well they turned out.

Teddy bear appliqué

     I used a grey color for the eyes and mouths instead of black, it matched the room and also softened the look a little.

Double flannel blanket

     Then I made a receiving blanket from flannel.  A pretty soft grey with the turquoise car print.  I really liked how it all coordinated and matched the baby's room.

No comments:

Post a Comment