Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Tooth Fairy Pillow

Tooth fairy applique

     A couple of months ago, I got a call from my daughter that our oldest grandson had a very loose tooth.  Did I have a tooth fairy pillow that I could make for him?

Getting the supplies together for his pillow

     I looked through my embroidery designs and sure enough I had one from DigiStitches, now with Designs by Juju.  I went through my stash of scraps and gathered all the supplies.

The applique process

     He did request a hanger on it so I found ribbon in my stash also. I did add his name to the design in my software.  The stitching is really quite easy.  You just have to stop and trim the fabric after each step of the appliqué process.

Back of the pillow

     There is a pocket on the back, as well as the front one that holds the tooth, I guess you could put a note to the tooth fairy in there.

All finished

     A few hours later, I had a pillow all ready for his first loose tooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment