Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Giraffes for Sammy Quilt

Finished quilt

     A couple of summers ago, the whole family went on a vacation.  To make it a little more special, I made each of the then three grandkids a larger sized quilt.  Now that Sammy is almost a year old, I decided he needed one also.

Fabrics detail
 
     I had bought this flannel quilt kit at a quilt show  back in 2016.  I really liked the fabrics and it also had the Yellow Brick Road quilt pattern included.  It is a pattern I have been wanting to do for some time.

Border detail

     I cut everything at home and at retreat in March of 2018 I sewed it together.  Unfortunately I messed it up and had to improvise to get it together.  Then I didn't read the directions for putting on the directional border.  The kit had long enough pieces cut but I didn't do it right and had to improvise there again.

Backing and quilting detail

    I found the perfect flannel at Patched Works in October of 2018 for the binding (the backing was included in the kit).  Sally of Windy City Quilting did a cute Bubbles Everywhere pattern to quilt it all together.

Label 1
     I used a cute design from Designs by JuJu to use for the one label and then just used the font in my software for the other label.

Label 2

     I still haven't made a Yellow Brick Road quilt yet, but I will one of these days.  I think his quilt turned out really cute anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment