Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Redo of House Front Part 6

Flat forms from Amazon

     I wanted some pillows for the rockers.  I wanted something for the small of the back and for the head.  It felt uncomfortable to lay my head back when relaxing, I needed just a little support.

After fluffing in the dryer

     I bought some pillow forms from Amazon, just something inexpensive.  When they came, they were super flat and vacuum sealed.  I took the pillows out of the plastic for a day or two and then put them in the dryer, on air fluff, with a few dryer balls.  That did help to plump them up some.

Cut fabric, with dog ears cut away


     I cut the fabric the same size as the pillow, 12 x 20, so that when I sewed them they would be slightly smaller and hopefully the pillow would fill it out more.

Marked for elastic placement

     I marked on the pillow forms approximately where I wanted the ends of the elastic to be.  I placed it so that it would fit over the three center slats of the rocker.  This resulted in my using a 10" piece of 1/2 inch elastic with the ends placed 5" in from each side and 3 1/2" down from the top.

Elastic on the back pieces

     Of course the pillow front couldn't be just plain so I monogrammed our initial using the striped fabric.  I really like the font I bought from Designs by JuJu.

Doing the monogram

      I then added covered cord I made from the striped fabric.  I sewed the front to the back with right sides together, leaving an opening to turn and insert the pillow form.

Machine stitching the opening closed


     I machine sewed the opening closed, the Sunbrella fabric is hard to hand stitch.

All finished

     They turned out okay, but I thought it could have been a tighter fit for the cover but that is just my opinion, others like the looser fit.


No comments:

Post a Comment