Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 14, 2022

Christmas Jammies 2022

 

Embroidery detail

     Every year I make or embroider jammies for the grandkids.  This year I opted to sew them pajamas.  I had bought Christmas flannel last year at JoAnn Fabrics.  For the youngest I used Kwik Sew Sewing for Babies book.  I made a pair of flannel pants and a long sleeve t-shirt that I embroidered.  The design is from Designs by JuJu.

For GJB

     My goal is that these are from St Nick on the feast of Saint Nicholas on December 6.  I make sure their parents have them in time to give them on that day.  

For SEB

     When I was cutting everything out, I found I was short on fabric so I opted to make the only granddaughter's pajamas out of a different fabric.  I used various pajama patterns that I had in my stash.

For MTB

     It was fun playing around with the fabrics to make somewhat matching pajamas for them all.  I did have to do a bit of piecing to get the oldest one's top, adding a center back seam.

For Miss M

     I did have to buy some buttons for the boys' pajamas as I didn't have enough of the right sized ones in my stash.  

For Cltn

     On the pockets of the boys' pajamas I made sure to center one of the moose.  In the youngest one's embroidery, I used pieces of fabric from the other ones' pajamas to tie them all together.  

Pocket detail

     I don't know how much they still believe in Santa, but I did hear the middle grandchild told his mom that the pajamas smelled like grandma and grandpa Breen's house :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment