Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 20, 2022

Stocking for Sebastian

 

Finished

     I have done a couple of stockings this season.  The first one I had to take apart to do the stitching and I used a wash-away film topper to keep down the nap of the fur.  This client wanted blue to match the blue in the ornaments on the dog's antlers.

Under the hoop hooping

     I used my software to get the name and added a stitched box all around.  That would keep the layers of the stocking cuff together.  I then cut a window in some hooped stabilizer slightly larger than the box. I pinned the stocking underneath and then took it to the embroidery machine.

Stitching

     As you can see, the name looks upside down but that is based on how I hooped the stocking and placed it on the machine.  I did hold up the stocking during the stitching to make sure it didn't pull too much and loosen the stocking from the stabilizer.  


No comments:

Post a Comment