Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 18, 2023

2022 Christmas Gifts Part 3

 

Fabrics for table runner

     For my three kids and my college roommate, I made table runners with matching napkins for Christmas gifts.  Last year I made autumn ones and this year I made Christmas ones.  I buy three yards each of four coordinating fabrics.  This gives me enough for the table runner, front and back, plus four napkins. 

Back showing off the contrast binding

     This year I also bought a plaid fabric for the binding instead of using the main fabric for the binding.  This year I also decided to split the napkins so one of each fabric went with the table runner.  

Napkins

     I used a fun red, green and white variegated wooly nylon thread for the napkin edges.  I do enjoy sewing these table runners and napkins for gifts.  I think they are an easy way to celebrate different holidays/times throughout the year.  What holiday will be next?

Table runner with napkins


No comments:

Post a Comment