Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Green Corduroy Jacket

 

Finished jacket

     My word for 2023 is "Organize" and one of my "23 for 23" list of items is make a sewing project list.  I wrote 17 items on my list concentrating on the pile of fabric I had laying on my counter in my sewing room.  Then I went into my stash of maybe projects and came up with the seventeen items I want to sew this year.  Two of those projects are from 2021 and five of them are the grandkids birthday t-shirts.  That left me with ten more projects to be able to add to my list.

Pattern used

     I wanted to get a quick start on my list so I chose this easy jacket.  I have made this several times so I didn't need to worry about fitting.  The fabric was a piece I had gotten from a friend when she was cleaning out her stash.

Button choices

      When it came time to choose buttons, I went into my stash and pulled several possibilities.  I then asked on Facebook for opinions.  I decided that I was probably going to wear this with jeans as I don't dress up much so I opted for a plainer button.

Final decision

     This jacket goes together quickly and the instructions are easy to follow.  I even had shoulder pads in my stash to complete it.  Just waiting now for the right time to wear it.



No comments:

Post a Comment