Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 1, 2023

Plush Blanket Embroidery

 

Stitching complete

     I had a client bring me a plush blanket to be embroidered.  I did the lettering in MasterWorks and added a basting box in Designers Gallery.  

Hooped and ready to stitch

     I knew I couldn't hoop the blanket as it might leave marks so I need a sticky stabilizer.  I was worried that my usual sticky stabilizer would pull out too many fibers when I peeled it off.  I opted to use Aqua Mesh Plus which is a sticky stabilizer that washed away.  On the top I used a dissolvable topper to keep the fibers down.  I did try to smooth them all in the same position before I put it on.  I opted to pin it down so it would not move while stitching the first set of stitches.

Basting box done
      
     The first stitches were the basting box around the lettering.  Those stitches would ensure that the topper would not bunch up while stitching.  I did stand at the machine, supporting the blanket as I was afraid it might drag.  The stitching went well.  I removed as much of the stabilizer that I could without actually washing the blanket.  The client will need to wash the blanket before giving it to her friend.  

Stitching complete

     I am a bit concerned that the lettering will get lost in the loft of the blanket over time.  Next time I might suggest a patch or maybe some knockdown stitches under the lettering but that would change the whole texture of the corner.



No comments:

Post a Comment