Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Barcelona Jacket

Great Copy Barcelona Jacket



     This is the jacket I recently made.  It was supposed to be ready for me to wear in Dallas at the ETA Sewing Expo but I didn't get it finished in time.  This is a longer jacket that even without darts has a nice fitted shape.  I chose to make view B with the bound edges.

     I looked through my stash of fabrics and found a wool that I bought several years ago.  I also had many yards of a black linen like fabric that I bought when a store was closing.  I used that for the binding.

Button Detail


     This jacket practically begs for a special button.  I found the perfect one when I was at the show in Dallas, a black glass antique button.  Instead of making a buttonhole for this odd shaped button, I chose to just use a large snap.  I am super excited to know that Pattie is working on embroidery designs that will fit the front opening.  Can't wait to try them on another jacket.


Finished Barcelona Jacket


     I still had a large piece of the wool left when I was done.  I decided to wash it in hot water and dry in a hot dryer to see what would happen.  I did this twice, the first time with a batch of towels.  It did shrink some and got more textured.  I am thinking of using it to make a purse of some kind.


Washed Wool


   Next up is a quilt retreat this weekend.  I have two quilts that need their labels and binding and then I cut out two quilts from kits I had in my stash.  No need to make a wedding or graduation quilt this retreat.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment