Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Baby Quilts February 2015


Aria's quilt


     Lots  of babies suddenly in the picture.  My daughter's girlfriend has been unable to conceive and has been waiting to adopt.  Last month she and her husband got a call that there was a baby for them. They were so excited!  I had made this quilt a while ago and had saved it for her as she had expressed a liking for it.

Label


     Well I was finally able to give it to her.  I made the label with all the baby's info to attach to the back.  I even found a piece of the fabric from the binding in my stash.  What luck!  I sent it to her the other day and she was so happy to get it.  What a lucky little girl to get two such great parents.

Detail of bear paw block


     This is a photo of one of the blocks.  I used the embroidered pieces as the center of a bear paw quilt square.

Damian's quilt


     Then our daughter-in-law's sister had a baby.  We are invited to the Christening this weekend so I wanted a quilt for him also.  I found these fun fabrics at a shop in Racine, WI.  This is a fun 3 yard quilt that works up fairly quickly (if you cut the pieces the right size to start).


Detail of block


  You start with a fun main print, surround it on four sides with one fabric and then add the third fabric to one corner.  As you lay them out you get this fun zigzag look.

Label 


     I found the perfect backing fabric at a local quilt store in Grayslake, IL as well as a fabric for the label.  Some more embroidery and another personalized quilt.

Here is a detail of the quilting done by my Joni, fun cars for a fun quilt.


     Next up is my daughter's baby due in a month.  We don't know if it's a boy or girl but I will make my new grand baby a quilt as soon as it's born.

No comments:

Post a Comment