Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Monogramming


Monogrammed hankies


     Last year I had a client bring me several things she wanted personalized for the holidays.  The first were new hankies for her grandsons.  She wanted a 1" block monogram.  In order to get the initials all in the same place on each, I hooped sticky back stabilizer and then stitched a 'corner'.

Hankie aligned with stitched'corner'


     I used this for placing each hankie so that all the monograms were alike in placement.


Patching the stabilizer from the back


     I reused that sticky back stabilizer by patching the hole with a small piece of the sticky back each time.  I used this same method to do an initial on a set of antique napkins.

Monogrammed linen napkins

     

    The other thing she brought to me were old pillowcases that either her mom or her grandmother had added the hand crocheted lace edging.  She wanted Mr and Mrs put on them for newly married granddaughters.

Squaring the hoop on the table with the arrows

  
     I again hooped some sticky back stabilizer and used the grid on my cutting table to square up the hoop.  I had pins marking where I wanted the embroidery and folded the pillowcase along those markings and laid it carefully in the hoop.

Checking final placement


     I used the plastic grid that come with the hoops to check for final placement.

Monogrammed pillowcases


     Stitched, removed stabilizer, pressed and I had a bunch of personalized items to give to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment