Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Aqua and Coral Stepping Stones Quilt

Finished quilt


     I found the large scale fabric at Mill House Quilts in March 2017.  The colors really intrigued me so I bought a couple of coordinating fabrics to make a quilt.

Block detail

     The pattern I used was Fabric Cafe - Stepping Stones that I bought as a downloadable pattern. It calls for there 1 yard pieces of fabric which includes the binding.  The only problem is, is that it is only a single fold binding and I like mine to be double fold.  I bought an extra half yard of the dark grey fabric so I could make the binding my way.

Label 1

     This makes just a small, 44" x 58", quilt.  The cutting was easy enough as was the piecing.  I bought flannel at JoAnn Fabrics for the backing.

Label 2

     I had Sally of Windy City quilting, do the quilting.  I than made a couple of labels with my embroidery machine and then did the binding.

Quilting detail

     Just a fun, quick quilt that showcases larger scale prints nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment