Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 14, 2023

Black and White Patty Cake Quilt

 

Finished Quilt

     This is the second layer cake quilt I made from fabric I bought while on vacation in Virginia back in 2018.  I bought extra squares at Mill House Quilts and the background, folded border, and outer border & binding fabrics at Patched Works.   The cutting isn't difficult but when piecing you really need to pay attention.  The pattern I used was Patty Cake Quilt.   

Block detail

Borders and binding

     I got it cut at home and pieced at a fall week getaway in October 2020 with my husband in Fairfield Glade TN.  My husband worked while I sewed in the second bedroom with watching TV or listening to podcasts.  I also took several hikes while there.

Two color back

Quilting detail

      I bought flannel at JoAnn Fabrics for the backing.  I decided to go for two different colors.  My friend Joni was finally able to get it quilted and I just finished up the binding yesterday.  

Label 1

Label 2

     I used a quilt label design from Embroidery Library for one of the labels.  A quilting friend suggested that I add the year to the label so I am going to do that from now on (if I remember).

No comments:

Post a Comment