Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 13, 2023

Latest Receiving Blanket

 

Receiving blanket

     Baby Violet made her appearance on November 27th.  She is grandchild number 6.  So happy she is here.  We went out to Iowa to meet her a few days after she was born and of course I had to have a gift for her.

Measuring for the embroidery

Hooped fabric

     I made her a receiving blanket with all her stats.  I cut two coordinating flannel fabrics the same size.  I measure up 6 inches from each corner and place a pin.  I hoop the fabric and then stitch out a stat in each corner.  I use my computer program to do the lettering and then transfer to the embroidery machine.

Rotating the corner wording

     At the machine I rotate the lettering so that when I place the hoop onto the machine I can have the extra fabric hanging in  the front instead of towards the back of the machine.

Rounding the corners

     After finishing the embroidery, I round the corners using my Cut A Round.  Then I sew with right sides together leaving an opening for turning.  After I press, turn, and press again, I stitch close to the edge all the way around.  This closes the opening and stabilizes the edges.  





No comments:

Post a Comment