Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Back to Work

Well the holidays are over except for Twelfth Night. I have been slowly taking down the Christmas decorations, I really don't like to take anything down until after the Feast of the Epiphany so the main rooms are still all fully decorated. The live tree in the living room is looking good and has a bit of new growth on it. It is always sad when we have to take it down and out to the curb for recycling. We had a wonderful New Year's Eve celebration with neighbors at the barn. Met some new neighbors even.
I started back on work, drafted some pattern pieces for a master bedroom window treatment. Now the client will have the fun task of shopping for fabric. I may go with her to be sure she gets enough fabric to be sure all the pieces have the motif centered properly. Also did some quotes for a nursery ensemble. Working on getting the final pieces together so my web-sites can finally go live. I have a meeting today with my CEO advisory group. I am hoping I can have them help me to figure out the best way to go forward in the new year.
The girls came back to class yesterday. Anna is working on her tote still. She applied the narrow bias tape to the sides on the handle which was quite difficult. Grace got her peasant blouse cut out, Meghan cut out her pajama pants and Sammie is working on cutting out her nightshirt. Unfortunately she needs to get more fabric because when she pre-washed the flannel she bought it shrunk so much she is one sleeve length short. I used this as an example for the girls as to why pre-washing your fabric is so important. I am still looking for another girl or boy to take lessons so that Lauren can come back. She is really wanting to learn more.
I have made some New Year resolutions. Who hasn't? I am writing them out here so I can be held accountable by all. I am planning on running the Nashville half marathon in under two hours. In order to do that I have started a four month training program that is going to help me increase my speed. I also need to lose about 12-15 pounds to be at a better running weight. I plan on be better at logging my foods and add some walking into my exercise plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment