Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

January Fun

We had our last holiday party, a Twelfth Night Celebration, on Saturday night. As usual it was a lot of fun with good friends and food. It is always a little sad when the holidays are over that we won't see as much of our friends as the cold weather keeps us inside more. We got about 3-4 inches of snow yesterday, so that kept me busy with shoveling. Still have some Christmas decorations up. I am slowly working on taking them down and also cleaning each room as I do it. The tree still looks really good, very few needles have dropped but I know we need to get it down soon.
I received another call from someone that would like a nursery ensemble made. I had to tell her that I wouldn't make bumper pads for her since the state of Illinois is looking to have them stop being manufactured due to concerns about infant deaths. I feel bad for new moms because so much is always changing regarding infant safety. I've been working on the copy for my web-sites. My friends in my CEO advisory group have graciously responded to me call for help by reading and commenting on my writing. I have looked into taking some classes at Custom Home Furnishings Academy in March. It looks like I will be going for a week possibly.
In my Kids Can Sew classes, Anna is almost done with her tote, just some pressing and hand sewing. She is so excited and her mom loves it. Grace started sewing on her peasant blouse and is finding that the knit she chose is a little more difficult to work with than the cottons she has been using. Meaghan is zigzagging her pajama pants pieces and Sammie has started her nightshirt but still needs to get the extra fabric. We are trying to find a solution to have Lauren come back for lessons since I still can't find anyone to share a day with her.
NY resolutions update: I have lost a pound, walked at least two miles every day, besides doing my normal exercise routine and I have been logging my food except for the party and Sundays, which I consider my day off. The stress of following my football team, Green Bay Packers, in the playoffs isn't helping:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment