Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Working Furiously


This is an ottoman a client rescued from the trash. The colors were certainly not her style but she saw great potential in it. We discussed a slipcover versus reupholstering. After some discussion in with she stated she has two little ones we decided a washable slipcover would be much more practical. She found some great linen like fabric and washed a sample of it. She liked how it looked after washing it so then it was time to start the fabrication process.



I washed the fabrics and then using the circular template I had just bought from Rowley I made a pattern for the top. I cut a base circle from lining and then quarter circles of the fabric, matching the print on each one. This formed a neat kaleidoscope effect on the top. The skirt was also cut into quarters and an invisible zipper added for ease in taking on and off.



I removed the old fringe and staples and pounded in those that wouldn't come out so no little fingers could get hurt. Lastly I replaced the bottom cambric and the client has a 'new' ottoman that is just her style.

Now on to the rest of my projects. I have a kitchen valance, a round table cloth and some panels to make. Need to keep working.

My hubby and I just finished a ten week weight loss program. He lost 14 lbs and 5.5% body fat. I lost 12.5 lbs and 5.5% body fat. We both want to lose a few more pounds before we start training hard again in January. He is looking to run his first half marathon in the spring. This is from a guy who a few years ago complained that running more than a mile was too hard. I'm so proud of all he has accomplished. I plan on running my first marathon in the fall and we are both going to do a series of duathlons this year for the first time. He is also going to learn to swim and attempt a triathlon. We have a busy 2012 coming up.

Saturday we are going to celebrate Christmas with my side of the family so we have lots of preparations to get done by then. I have to wrap presents and bake another couple of batches of cookies. Need to finish cleaning the basement and bake a cheesecake and coffeecake.

No comments:

Post a Comment