Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Quilts I Have Finished

This quilt is a block of the month quilt that I did with a group at Quilt Play in Grayslake,IL. All the blocks were wonky variations of traditional blocks. The border print was in my stash and was the inspiration for the color scheme. All the fabric for the blocks was taken from my baskets of scraps. The sashing and binding were stash items as well as the backing. This was a fun quilt and it makes me smile to just look at it.
The next quilt was a wedding present for a dear friend's daughter's wedding. I was told she liked purple, blue and green and that she is traditional with a modern twist. I found the perfect fabric at Sew N Save in Racine, WI. It took longer to piece the top than I anticipated but I think it turned out great.
This last one was a high school graduation present for my niece. She is a huge Blackhawks fan but they don't make NHL fabric. I had to buy a t-shirt and cut off the logos and applique to the quilt when it was all done. When we got to the party and I handed her the bag she immediately opened it saying she couldn't wait to see what her quilt looked like. She was quite pleased with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment