Search This Blog

Thursday, January 2, 2014

Colton's Gifts

Colton all ready for Santa


     It is my first Christmas with a grandchild.  I had a ton of fun sewing for him this year.  First I made him some jammies to wear for when Santa came to visit.  I bought the knit fabric on line from The Fabric Fairy.  I had the pattern in my stash, it is a larger size of the ones I made for him before he was even born.  Isn't he a doll?

Snaps I used on his sleeper

Pattern used for his sleeper

His first Christmas jammies


      Next I made him an 'Official Cookie Tasting Shirt'  I figure every grandchild needs one when they visit so they can taste all the cookies they want ;-)  I plan on making him one each year as he grows.  It was easy using a ready made shirt from Kohl's.

All ready for eating cookies

Detail of embroidery


     And lastly I made him his Christmas stocking.  I had made stockings for each of my three children for their first Christmases.  That was before there were embroidery machines so theirs were all hand stitched.  I bought the pattern from Embroidery Library.  It has two parts.  The bottom part was too big even for my six needle machine so I had to split the design.  I printed several templates so I could get things lined up properly.  It took several days to stitch it out but it all lined up beautifully.  I used a pair of my husband's old jeans for the stocking so Colton has a stocking made by grandma with grandpa's jeans.  Perfect I think for a rough and tumble little guy.  The other items I had in my Christmas stash of fabrics so it all went together well.

Pieces and paperwork for the stocking

Front all embroidered

Cutting out the back

Lining fabric

Cuff fabric

Getting ready to sew on the cuff using Wonder Clips

Finished stocking hanging on our mantel

No comments:

Post a Comment