Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Upcoming Camps 2014

Batiking using glue

Markers and alcohol make for a cool tie-dyed shirt

Bleach pens offer a different way to 'dye'


     I have all my summer sewing camps planned.  There will be two beginning sewing camps the weeks of June 9th and July 7th.  There will be three intermediate camps.  The first is Color Me Crazy.  While searching on Pinterest for ideas I found several different dyeing techniques.  I thought the kids would have fun getting messy and creating their own fabric to make a project.

     This camp will be the week of June 30th.  I plan on using both ready made garments and plain fabric for the different techniques.  It should be a lot of fun.

Pleated tote

Pleated pouch

Easy wallet


     Next up will be Purse-onality Fun 5 camp the week of July 14th.  I offer a purse camp every other year as the girls really enjoy making purses.  I found these ideas again on Pinterest.  They look fairly easy but with some challenges such as the pleats and a zipper.

Sewing bucket caddy

Memo board for all those great ideas

Hanging organizer to store fabric and trims


     Lastly will be Organize Your Sewing Stuff the week of July 21st.  These ideas I gathered from Sew News magazine and a Simplicity pattern that is now out of print.  I believe these items will help all the kids have a more organized place to sew at home.

     I am looking froward to having the kids this summer again.  We all have Sew Much Fun!  Check out my Pinterest page for links to all the ideas I found http://www.pinterest.com/runcelesterun/upcoming-camps-and-kids-sewing/

No comments:

Post a Comment