Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Embroidery Project October 2014



     A client wanted some hankies embroidered for an upcoming wedding.  Fortunately she bought some extras so I was able to do a test stitch out of the lettering.  Small lettering can be difficult because it needs to have enough stitches to cover the fabric but not so many that it becomes illegible.

     In my embroidery software I have a few different small alphabets to choose from.  The client wanted script on the ladies hankies and block on the men's ones.  I chose what looked good on the screen and then stitched them out.  The script looked good but the block one I thought was too full making it hard to read.  I chose a different font and test stitched that (on the top in the photo).  Much better.

     Then it was time to do the actual hankies.  I sprayed them with Mary Ellen's Best Press and pressed them.  I did that a couple of times to give them a little more body.  Then I hooped a sticky stabilizer and using templates I had printed out I pressed the hankie onto it.  I added a few pins and then stitched it out.

     I removed the stabilizer and then pressed from the wrong side to smooth it all out.  They turned out great.  So glad to have the extra hankie because it really showed the difference in the fonts.

No comments:

Post a Comment