Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Thanksgiving Meal 2014



Apple Pumkintini



     We celebrated Thanksgiving this past Sunday.  Our son came in from Iowa Saturday evening.  On Sunday morning we all met at the Lincolnwood Turkey Trot.  My husband and I ran the 10K, our youngest son and his wife ran the 5K, our daughter, her husband and son played in the park and the older son took photos.  We then headed to I-Hop for breakfast.

Cranberry, Pecan & White Cheddar Cheeseball


     We started the meal with Apple PumkintinisCranberry, Pecan and White Cheddar Cheese Ball and an appetizer bread from Market Day.  The drinks were delicious and the cheese ball very yummy.  Our grandson loves Craisins and crackers so he loved picking off the cranberries and eating them with the crackers.

Harvest Pumpkin Soup


     Dinner started with Harvest Pumpkin Soup.  I used pumpkin puree made from the pumpkins we grew in our garden.  We made a double batch and had lots left over, should have only done one batch.  It is tasty but not sure if it will freeze so we can eat it slowly.


Pumpkin Dinner Rolls


     I made these delicious Pumpkin Dinner Rolls.  They looked almost as cute as the recipe photo.  Again the pumpkin was from our garden.

Butternut Squash

Quinoa, Sweet Potato Stuffing


Honey Glazed Carrots


     The side dishes were Butternut Squash with Candied PecansQuinoa, Sweet Potato and Dried Cranberry Stuffing and Honey Glazed Carrots.  The butternut squash was good but my hubby had some problems with the grill so it was behind in cooking time.  Wound up putting it in the microwave to finish cooking.

     I doubled the Quinoa recipe and again had way too much left.  It was very tasty with a nice mix of textures.  The carrots were from our garden also.  They were only so-so.

     This was all served with a nice beef roast as I don't like turkey or ham.


Chocoflan


Pumpkin Cheesecake


     For dessert we had Chocoflan and Pumpkin Cheesecake with Caramel Sauce.  I made the chocoflan because flan is one of my favorite desserts and I love chocolate.  The flan part was very good but the cake was only so-so.  Not my cup of tea but others might love it.  My hubby made the cheesecake.  He has gotten really good at making cheesecakes ever since he had to make one for Christmas one year because I was working.  This cheesecake is so light and oh so yummy.

Thanksgiving Dinner 


     My younger son did complain about too much pumpkin which when I did look at everything it was kind of true.  All in all it was a tasty meal though way too much food as usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment