Search This Blog

Friday, June 17, 2016

Beginning Sewing Camp June 2016


Working hard


     This week was my first camp of the summer.  This was a lighter version of my usual camp due to the fact I had a meeting on Thursday.  The first day the girls learned the basics of sewing on a machine and earned their Sewing Machine 'Driver's' License.  They cut out their sewing bag and started with the pinning.

Brooke and her bag

Lily and her bag

Shannon and her bag

Ellie and her bag


     On the second day they finished their sewing bag and started on their back slit denim skirt.  That afternoon during our break we enjoyed cherries from the tree in my backyard.

Brooke and her skirt

Lily and her skirt

Shannon and her skirt

Ellie and her skirt


     By break time on the third day they had finished their skirts.  A couple were able to use the sewing machine to sew on their buttons and the others sewed them on by hand.

All done


     After break, we went into my sewing room and they chose precut fabrics to sew pillow cases for ConKerr Cancer.  I showed them the 'hotdog' method and they got the three pieces sewn together, pressed, turned and pressed again.  Three of the four girls even got the first seam of the French seam done.

We had fun!


     I believe a great time was had by all, I know I enjoyed having them come and learn.  Just the start of summer sewing fun here at Sew Much Fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment