Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Danger Curves Ahead Blouse

Pattern used


     This is a blouse I started last year and finally finished it.  I bought the pattern and fabric from Louise Cutting at the 2015 ASG Conference.  I started it and then got busy with other things.  Finally took the time to finish it.

Front of the blouse


     I love Cutting Line Designs patterns, Louise puts so much detail into the instructions.  The patterns also fit well when you cut to the size indicated by your measurements.

Back of the blouse with the fun button detail


     The fabric is a linen blend fabric so it does wrinkle but it is also very cool and comfortable in the hot and humid summer.

Buttons taped in place, ready to sew


       I found the directions very easy to follow and things went together smoothly.  I like to sew my buttons on by machine.  I used blue painter's tape to hold them in place while sewing them on.  After sewing the buttons on the tape comes off easily, leaving no residue.

Modeling the new top


     I like how the shirttail hem allows for movement of the eye but the length covers the back end and the front flows nicely over my little bit of extra tummy in the front.  I will definitely make this blouse again.

No comments:

Post a Comment