Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Reflections on my Birthday

     Today I am writing a very different kind of blog.  I turn 60 today and I was just thinking about all that has happened in my life but especially the last 10 years.

     In this last decade I started to run longer distances doing my first half marathon and also my first full marathon.  In one year I did 5 Rock n Roll half marathons around the US and earned the title of Rockstar.  I also took up biking and have since done many duathlons including Worlds in Australia last October.

     My husband and I have traveled many places including a wonderful two week biking trip in the Netherlands where we met two other couples.  This past summer we all got together and biked the Katy trail in Missouri.  There was lots of riding, rain and laughter.

     We have added several new family members also.  My daughter got married to a wonderful guy and blessed us with two grandchildren.  Our youngest son also married a great girl and they have an adorable little guy.  Our older son is settled in a job and dating a nice girl.  We get together often for walks and family dinners.

     In about 6 weeks my husband and I will celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary.  I remember when my parents celebrated theirs and the nice gathering they had.  I am blessed that my mom will be here to celebrate our 40th with us as well as all of our children, children-in-laws (is that even a word?) and grandchildren.

     As I reflect back I also look forward and anticipate many more adventures.  Thank you to all my friends and family for the love and support they have given me over the years.

     Just one last thing that would make this all complete, Cubs winning the World Series :-)

                                                              Go Cubs Go



2 comments: