Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Cherry Blossoms Quilt

Cherry Blossom quilt

     I fell in love with these pretty pink and grey fabrics at Mill House Quilts when I stopped in while on my way to retreat in March of 2017.  I bought a bale of 7 fat quarters and added another 5 to my purchase.

Pattern used

     I used the Snapshots pattern, lap size, from the Happy Hour book.  I cut everything at home and then pieced it at retreat in March of 2018.

Border

     The pink border fabric was from my stash.  I had bought it at Barrington Sewing Center back in October of 2008.  There wasn't quite enough so I used some of the leftover fabric from the squares to add in to make them big enough.

Label with info

     I had Sally of Windy City Quilting do the quilting for me using a fun floral design that reminded me of cherry blossoms.  The backing is flannel from JoAnn Fabrics that I pre-wash to be sure that it won't shrink later.

Label with name of the quilt

     I stitched out a couple of labels for the back and then on went the binding.  The embroidery design is one I had gotten digitized for my son's wedding quilt.

Close-up of the fabrics

     Just a pretty quilt with no recipient in mind yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment