Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Christmas Stockings

Finished stockings

     It is really fun to have personalized stockings hanging on your mantle at Christmas time.  Sometimes the stockings present some challenges.

Unstitched name

     A client had started to remove the name of one person so another name could be put on instead.  She quickly found out it wasn't easy so I finished it up but it did leave a few small holes.  Client said that didn't bother her.

Hoop ready for stocking

     The other challenge was that I wasn't going to be able to hoop them in the traditional manner.  A lot of times I can undo some stitching but that wasn't going to work here.  I hooped a piece of heavy weight stabilizer and cut a window in it.  Then I pinned the stocking underneath and stitched it that way.  Worked just fine.  Now is the time of year to be thinking about these kinds of projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment