Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Unusual Easter


     With the stay at home order in place, we were unable to go to Iowa as originally planned to celebrate Easter.  We had breakfast in the dining room which is now my husband's office.  We watched the Easter Vigil service on Saturday night.  After breakfast we went for a walk as it was a nice day.  We went to McDonald Woods and hiked the ravine, one of our favorite walks.


     It was quite muddy in places and standing water in other places.  Glad I had on my waterproof shoes.  Afterwards I did a little yard work and then we visited via Zoom with the family while enjoying some sparkling wine and hummus and chips.  Later John made a yummy marinated pork tenderloin and sweet potatoes for dinner.  We followed it up with a torte I bought from Jewel.  A nice day but certainly not what we had planned.


     Here is a throwback photo from Easter of 1976, I'm the one wearing the hat.  Don't you love the red, white and blue railings for the Bicentennial?

No comments:

Post a Comment